REQUEST FOR PROPOSALS
1. Announced – 28 October 2020
2. Complete responses submitted by 3:00 p.m. on 13 November 2020
3. Decision announced on 20 November 2020
The City of Midway has finalized the website proposals to the second round. We are looking for
more detailed information regarding technology, cost, maintenance, support, and training that your
company provides. Midway City hopes to select a provider that can include all the features listed
under the ‘Primary Importance’ heading of the Scope of Service section of this RFP. .
Please provide a base price that includes all of those items, and detail how you will fulfill each.
In addition, Midway City would like line-item pricing for the items listed in the 'Secondary
We also require information regarding how long it would take to implement and deploy the website,
the cost and extent of training available to enable the staff to maintain the website content, and
the cost and quality of continued technical support.
II. Technical Considerations
Please provide information regarding the following technical items:
a. What are the primary underlying operating system(s)/technologies that power the proposed site?
Include references to the CMS, and base server OS and primary programming languages where
applicable. If there are database services or other related services in the proposed technology
stack please detail those, even if they are all managed under a SAAS contract.
b. Do you provide all content hosting as part of the package? (SAAS)
i. Please detail what services are included (and not)
c. Do you have a self-hosted option? Please describe how you would price and support this
option if applicable, and what general system requirements are applicable.
III. Scope of Services
• Primary homepage with key sections such as Tourism, Events, Area Amenities, etc.
• Sections for key city departments, such as City Council, Planning, Codes and Policies,
Building, Public Works, Water/Sewer, etc.
• In general, most of the information available on our current web site.
• Citizen sign-up and notification for various topics and events related to city business and
• Be able to easily change high-quality image content, for example to showcase local artists,
change of seasons, current events, etc.
• Need to continually update primary content (home page, main sections, etc.)
• Need to continually add and manage detailed content under various departments such as:
o City Council
o Planning Department
o Public Works
o City Services such as sewer, water, etc
• Timeframe of project and impact on cost
• SEO management and training (external search ranking)
• ADA compliant
• Clear easy access to city meetings/agendas/minutes
• Easy access to search and find internal info such as city codes and policies, including,
o General content search
o Use of tagging capabilities (tagged documents, posts, etc.)
o Optionally enabling deep search of some documents such as PDF, Word, etc.
• Mobile friendly, size compatible on any format
• Ongoing support
o Service Level Agreement
o Size, structure, and availability of service team
o Method of contact (email, ticketing system, phone call, please list all options)
Custom forms builder, to facilitate submission of citizen requests, including a staging area, for
things such as:
o Submit complaints
o Business applications
o Request to appear before City Council
Staging management involves seeing new requests, forwarding to appropriate department or
individual, marking complete, etc.
[ ] Is custom form creation available?
$ Extra price for custom form creation
[ ] Can form submission process include 'staging' management? Please detail.
$ Extra price for staging management Data Transfer
a. In the event that Midway City in the future wants to change website providers, how will you
facilitate the transfer of content and data to a new system? Can you provide custom data
extraction from your site/CMS/database? Please provide a quote for such service. [ ] Can you
provide data and content extraction from your system, if it were to be required?
$ Extra price you would offer in a contract to provide this service.
The City shall, following the procedures outlined in its Procurement Policy, make the selection
1. The cost of the website development.
2. The cost of continued annual maintenance
3. Experience with developing city websites
4. Ability for staff to change content
5. Availability and function of the signup and notification feature
6. External search/SEO facilities
7. Internal search capabilities
8. Website is multi-device and screen size friendly
9. Training for website operations
10. Continued technical support.
11. Technology considerations
12. Price and availability of items in 'Secondary Importance' category.
These documents and the reference information will be reviewed by a committee of four members
consisting of the Mayor, one member of the City Council and two staff members. This committee will
evaluate qualified proposals against weighted criteria and summarize reference and client comments.
No factors or criteria shall be used in the evaluation other than those listed in the RFP and the
City’s purchasing policy.
Midway City reserves the right to reject any and all proposals submitted and to request additional
information from all offerors. Any contract awarded will be made to the offeror who, based on all
criteria and oral interviews (if necessary), is determined to be the best able to perform the
The city does not discriminate against any individual because of race, religion, sex, color, age,
handicap or national origin, and that these will not be a factor in consideration for employment,
selection of training, promotion, transfer, recruitment, rates of pay, or other forms of
compensation, demotion or separation.
Midway City will not compensate the offeror for preparation and presentation of the requested
One electronic or paper copy of the proposal must be submitted no later than 3:00 p.m. on 13
November 2020. Proposals received after the deadline will be late and ineligible for consideration.
Proposals should be submitted to Amanda Cruz, Midway City Corporation, P.O. Box 277, 75 North 100
West, Midway, Utah, 84049-0277, Phone: 1-435-654-3223 x103, Fax: 1-435-654-4120,
An oral presentation by an offeror to clarify a proposal may be requested. However, Midway City
may award a contract based on the initial proposals received without discussion with the offeror.
If oral presentations are required, they will be scheduled after the submission of proposals. Oral
presentations will be made at the offeror’s expense.
VII. Protected Information
The Government Records Access and Management Act (GRAMA) states that trade secrets, commercial
information or non-individual financial information may be protected upon request.
To ensure the information is protected, Midway City asks the offeror to clearly identify in the
body of the proposal any specific information, for which an offeror claims business confidentiality
protection, as "PROTECTED".
All materials submitted become the property of Midway City. Materials may be evaluated by anyone
designated by the City as part of the proposal evaluation committee. Materials submitted may be
returned only at the City’s option.
VIII. Terms and Conditions
Any contract resulting from this RFP will include, but will not be limited to, standard terms and
Any questions may be submitted to Amanda Cruz, Midway City Corporation.
For a PDF copy of the RFP please click hear